WOOLTON (Little), a township in Childwall parish, Lancashire; 4½ miles SW by S of Prescot. Acres, 1,200. Real property, £8,718. Pop., 1,060. Houses, 191. Lee Hall belongs to T. Dutton, Esq.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Little Woolton.
The Register Office covering the Little Woolton area is Liverpool.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Little Woolton to another place.
"LITTLE WOOLTON, a township in the parish of Childwall, hundred of West Derby, county Lancaster, 4½ miles S.W. of Prescot. It contains the hamlet of Thingwell.
You can see the administrative areas in which Little Woolton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Little Woolton and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ431883 (Lat/Lon: 53.388635, -2.857637), Little Woolton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)