St Stephen, Gateacre, Church of England
Belle Vale Rd,
It was founded in 1872.
In 1870 John Dutton Esq. and Edward Moss Esq. provided the land necessary for a church site in fulfillment of a promise previously made by the late Thomas Dutton Esq., before his death. The church was designed by Cornelius Sherlock,The Foundation Stone was laid by Edward Gibbon Esq., On Easter Monday, April 1st 1872 and consecrated on the 11th February 1874.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)