LONGWORTH, a township in Bolton-le-Moors parish, Lancashire; 5 miles N by W of Bolton. Acres, 1,590. Real property, £1,145. Pop., 154. Houses, 23. A cotton-mill is here.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Bolton library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Longworth.
The Register Office covering the Longworth area is Bolton.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Longworth to another place.
"LONGWORTH, a township in the parish of Bolton-le-Moors, hundred of Salford, county palatine of Lancaster, 5 miles N.W. of Bolton."
You can see the administrative areas in which Longworth has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Longworth and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD686171 (Lat/Lon: 53.649726, -2.477256), Longworth which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)