Sandy Lane, Lower Darwen, Congregational
It was founded in 1876.
The Methodist Chapel in Lower Darwen held its final service on Sunday 7 January 2001. The Methodist congregation started worshipping at Lower Darwen URC, Sandy Lane the following week (Sunday 14 Jan). The Methodist and United Reformed Churches were formally joined and renamed Trinity Church, Lower Darwen at an Inauguration and Signing service on 12 January 2003.
The stained glass windows from the Methodist chapel are now installed in Trinity Church.
In 1972 the Congregational church joined with the English Presbyterian church to become the United Reformed Church.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)