LUNT, a township in Sefton parish, Lancashire; on the river Alt, 8 miles N of Liverpool. Acres, 476. Real property, £1,200. Pop., 78. Houses, 12. Nearly all the property belongs to the Earl of Sefton.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Lunt.
The Register Office covering the Lunt area is Sefton South.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Lunt to another place.
"LUNT, a township in the parish of Sefton, hundred of West Derby, county palatine of Lancaster, 7 miles N. of Liverpool. Lunt House is the principal residence."
You can see the administrative areas in which Lunt has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Lunt and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD351018 (Lat/Lon: 53.508849, -2.980792), Lunt which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)