Moston, township and ry. sta., Manchester par., SE. Lancashire - township, 1297 ac., pop. 3466; the sta. is 4½ miles NE. of Victoria sta., Manchester.
John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
Local studies information is held at Manchester Local Studies library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Moston.
|St Chad, New Moston, Church of England|
|St John, Moston, Church of England|
|St Luke, Lightbowne, Church of England|
|St Mary, Moston, Church of England|
|St Joseph, Moston, Roman Catholic Cemetery|
|St George, Moston, Presbyterian|
|St Dunstan, Moston, Roman Catholic|
|St John Vianney, Moston, Roman Catholic|
|St Margaret Mary, New Moston, Roman Catholic|
The Register Office covering the Moston area is Manchester.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Moston to another place.
"MOSTON, a township in the parish of Manchester, hundred of Salford, county Lancaster, 4 miles N.E. of Manchester. The village, which is considerable, is situated on the Leeds railway and Rochdale canal. The poor have the benefit of a small bequest made by W. Langley in 1821."
You can see the administrative areas in which Moston has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Moston and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD881024 (Lat/Lon: 53.518326, -2.181671), Moston which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)