Much Hoole, township and vil. (ry. sta. Hoole), Hoole par., N. Lancashire, 7 miles SW. of Preston, 1776 ac. (30 water), pop. 581; P.O.
John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
Local studies information is held at Leyland library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Much Hoole.
The Register Office covering the Much Hoole area is Preston and South Ribble
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Much Hoole to another place.
"MUCH HOOLE, a township in the parish of Hoole, hundred of Leyland, county Lancaster.
You can see the administrative areas in which Much Hoole has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Much Hoole and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD476225 (Lat/Lon: 53.695863, -2.794588), Much Hoole which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)