MYERSCOUGH, a township in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; on the river Wyre, and near the Preston and Lancaster railway, 3 miles S of Garstang. Acres, 2,740. Real property, £4,263. Pop., 426. Houses, 79. The manor belongs to the Duchy of Lancaster. Myerscough Hall is the seat of Major E. Cunliffe; and Myerscough House, of J. Cunliffe, Esq. Fairs for fatstock are held on 15 April and the Monday after Rogation-day.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Garstang library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Myerscough.
The Register Office covering the Myerscough area is Lancaster.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Myerscough to another place.
"MYERSCOUGH, a township in the parish of Lancaster, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 3 miles S. of Garstang, and 6½ N. of Preston. The township, which is of irregular form, is situated on the Wigan railway and near the river Wyre. The chief part of the land is a forest belonging to the Duchy of Lancaster. Myerscough is the principal residence. There is a free school endowed with land, the gift of an unknown benefactor."
You can see the administrative areas in which Myerscough has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Myerscough and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD498390 (Lat/Lon: 53.845019, -2.764628), Myerscough which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Lancashire Family History & Heraldry Society - Fylde Branch
- Lancashire Family History & Heraldry Society - Preston Branch
- Lancashire Parish Register Society