NATEBY, a township in Garstang parish, Lancashire; 1¾ mile N W by W of Garstang. Acres, 2,030. Real property, £2,547. Pop., 385. Houses, 62. The manor belongs to the executors of the late R. Thompson, Esq. There is a Calvinistic chapel.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Garstang library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Nateby.
The Register Office covering the Nateby area is Lancaster.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Nateby to another place.
"NATEBY, a township in the parish of Garstang, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 2 miles N.W. of Garstang, its post town. The township, which is of irregular form, is situated near the Lancaster canal, and is wholly agricultural. There is a place of worship for the Calvinist Methodists, The executors of the late Richard Thompson, Esq., are lords of the manor."
You can see the administrative areas in which Nateby has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Nateby and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD463450 (Lat/Lon: 53.898553, -2.818191), Nateby which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)