NEWSHAM, a hamlet in Goosnargh chapelry, Kirkham parish, Lancashire; 6½ miles N of Preston. Pop., 54. There is a Roman Catholic chapel.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Preston library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Newsham.
The Register Office covering the Newsham area is Preston.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Newsham to another place.
"NEWSHAM, a hamlet in the parish of Kirkham, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 5 miles N.W. of Preston."
In 1835 Newsham was a township in the parish of St Michaels on Wyre.
You can see the administrative areas in which Newsham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Newsham and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD511359 (Lat/Lon: 53.817362, -2.743493), Newsham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)