The church of All Saints is a substantial Gothic stone building, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles and square tower containing one bell, and contains a magnificent stained window, the gift of James Taylor esq., of Newton: there are 1000 seats, 350 of which are free. The register commences in 1723. The living is a rectory, yearly value £300, with residence, in the gift of the Dean and Canons of Manchester, and held by the Rev. William Hutchinson, BD, of Emmanuel College Cambridge. Connected with the church are two Sunday and day schools: the average number of children attending these schools is-Sunday 1,100, week-day 600.
from Kelly's directory of Manchester, 1873