Old Laund Booth
LAUND-BOOTH (OLD), a township in Whalley parish, Lancashire; near the river Henburn, and the Leeds and Liverpool canal, 3 miles N of Burnley. Acres, 410. Pop., 481
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Nelson library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Old Laund Booth.
The Register Office covering the Old Laund area is Burnley and Pendle.
Local information about Fence provided by Pendle.Net.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Old Laund Booth to another place.
"FENCE-IN-PENDLE, a hamlet in the parish of Whalley, hundred of Blackburn, county palatine Lancaster, near Clitheroe, and about 7 miles N.W. of Burnley, its post town. Here is a church, the living of which is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Manchester."
"OLD-LAUND-BOOTH, a township in the parish of Whalley, higher division of the hundred of Blackburn, county Lancaster, 3 miles S. by W. of Clitheroe. It is situated near the rivers Calder and Ribble, on the line of the Bolton and West Yorkshire railway. There is a National school for both sexes."
"NEW and OLD BOOTH LAUND, townships in the parish of Whalley, county Lancaster, 3 miles N. of Burnley. They are situated near the Leeds canal and river Henburn."
In 1835 Old Laund Booth was a township in the parish of Whalley.
You can see the administrative areas in which Old Laund Booth has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Old Laund Booth and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD830376 (Lat/Lon: 53.834153, -2.259702), Old Laund Booth which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)