Tabernacle Baptist, Higher Openshaw
It was founded in 1922 as an offshoot of Cornwall Street Baptist Church. It closed in July 2009 and was demolished in February 2010 as the area was due to be re-developed. The church continues its work under the name of Openshaw Baptist Tabernacle and is currently seeking new premises.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
It was located at SJ8938597450 (Lat/Lon 53.473672, -2.161391). You can see this on maps provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)