Belgrave Meeting House, Darwen, Independent
Townsend Chapel was built by Rev Henry Townsend in 1806 when he resigned from Pole Lane Chapel. Pole Lane Chapel and Townsend Chapel joined congregations and became Ebenezer Chapel. This Chapel closed in 1840 when the congregation became too large and Belgrave Meeting House was built and was opened for public worship on October 21st 1847.
This Church was opened for public worship on October 21st 1847. It closed in the mid 1970s due to the roof becoming dangerous. In the 1990's it was converted into apartments.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)