HULTON (OVER), a township in Deane parish, Lancashire; near the Bolton and Leigh railway, 4 miles SSW of Bolton. Acres, 1,300. Real property, £9,145; of which £6,775 are in mines. Pop., 447. Houses, 87. The property, with Hulton Hall, belongs to W. T. Hulton, Esq. The hall is a modern edifice, with portico and semicircular wing; and stands in an extensive and tastefully disposed park.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Bolton library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Over Hulton.
|St Andrew, Over Hulton, Church of England|
|St George the Martyr, Daubhill, Church of England|
|St Vincent de Paul, Over Hulton, Roman Catholic|
The Register Office covering the Over Hulton area is Bolton.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Over Hulton to another place.
"DAUBHILL, a hamlet in the parish of Bolton-le-Moors, hundred of Salford in the county of Lancaster, 2 miles from Bolton, and 10 N.W. of Manchester. It is a station on the Bolton and Kenyon junction of the London and North-Western railway."
In 1835 Over Hulton was a township in the parish of Deane.
You can see the administrative areas in which Over Hulton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Over Hulton and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD686057 (Lat/Lon: 53.546986, -2.475963), Over Hulton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)