Mount Zion Baptist, Padiham
Photograph supplied by & Copyright of Steve Houldsworth.
It was founded in 1877.
- 1866 A breakaway Group from Burnley Road Baptists first used the Assembly Room in Guy Street.
- 1870 About this time a new church opened in Morley Street in a tinners workshop.
- 1876 Land bought in Pendle Street to build a new church. (Date stone 1876 Mount Zion)
- 1877 The building became known as Mount Zion.
- 1948 Church closed and the Co-op took over the building.
- 1970 Burnley Road Baptist's moved into the building.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
It is located at SD7972333541 (Lat/Lon 53.797775, -2.309321). You can see this on maps provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)