St Anne Church of England, Brindle Heath
Brindle Heath Rd,
Originally at this location was found the chapel of ease of St Thomas in 1767, and the chapel was built in 1773. The building was used as a church until 1829, by this time the population in the area had quadrupled to around 8,000 when a newer bigger church was required. St Thomas' church replaced the chapel and it was opened in 1831.
The former chapel of ease on Brindleheath Road was abandoned until the cholera epidemic of 1849 when it was used as an isolation hospital. Having used the chapel in this way for a couple of years, it was knocked down and St Ann's built in its place.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)