Preesall with Hackensall
PREESALL-WITH-HACKENSALL, a township in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; on Lancaster bay and the river Wyre, opposite Fleetwood. Acres, 3,860; of which 965 are water. Real property, £5,351. Pop., 812. Houses, 180. The manor, with Parrox Hall, belongs to D. H. Elletson, Esq. A cemetery for this township and for Stalmine-with-Stainall, was formed in 1856; and there is an Independent chapel.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Preesall with Hackensall.
The Register Office covering the Preesall with Hackensall area is Lancaster.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Preesall with Hackensall to another place.
"PREESALL-WITH-HACKENSALL, a township in the parish of Lancaster, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 7 miles N.E. of Poulton-le-Fylde, and 2 E. of Fleetford. The village, which is of small extent, is situated near the river Wyre, and is wholly agricultural. There is a small endowed school, also a place of worship for the Independents. There is a cemetery, which is used by this and the neighbouring township of Stalmine-with-Stainall. D. H. Elletson, Esq., is lord of the manor."
"HACKENSALL, a township in the parish of Lancaster, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 8 miles N.W. of Garstang. The village is considerable, and is united with Preesall to form a township."
In 1835 Preesall with Hackensall was a township in the parish of Lancaster.
You can see the administrative areas in which Preesall with Hackensall has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Preesall and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD368482 (Lat/Lon: 53.926152, -2.964625), Preesall with Hackensall which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)