REEDLEY-HALLOWS, FILLEY-CLOSE, and NEW-LAUND-BOOTH, a township in Whalley parish, Lancashire; on the river Calder, and on the Leeds and Liverpool canal, 2 miles N N E of Burnley r. station. Acres, 1,360. Real property, £5,331; of which £3,023 are in mines. Pop., 423. Houses, 75. R. House, R. Grove, Pendleview, and Mountford are chief residences; and there are two cotton factories.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Reedley Hallows.
The Register Office covering the Reedley Hallows area is Burnley and Pendle.
Local information provided by Pendle.Net.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Reedley Hallows to another place.
"REEDLEY-HALLOWS, a hamlet in the parish of Whalley, higher division of Blackburn hundred, county Lancaster, 2 miles N.E. of Burnley railway station. The township, which is of irregular form, is situated on the Leeds and Liverpool canal, and near the river Calder. The village is wholly agricultural. The soil consists of clay, with a subsoil of clay and rock. This hamlet is united with New Laund-Booth and Filly-Close to form a township."
"FILLY CLOSE, an extra parochial place, in the higher division of the hundred of Blackburn, county palatine Lancaster, 2 miles N. of Burnley. It is situated on the river Henburn, and is united to the township of Hallows Reedley."
"NEW-LAUND-BOOTH, an extra parochial place in the higher division of Blackburn hundred, county Lancaster."
"HALLOWS REEDLEY BOOTH, a township in the parish of Whalley, county Lancaster, 2 miles N. of Burnley. It is situated on the Leeds and Liverpool canal, near the river Henburn. It is united with Filly-Close and Newlaund to form a township. The village is considerable, and the inhabitants are chiefly engaged in the mines and quarries."
In 1835 Reedley Hallows was a township in the parish of Whalley.
You can see the administrative areas in which Reedley Hallows has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Reedley and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD836359 (Lat/Lon: 53.819445, -2.250602), Reedley Hallows which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)