RIBBLETON, a township in Preston parish, Lancashire; 2 miles N E of Preston. Acres, 744. Real property, £1,904. Pop., 175. Houses, 34.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Preston library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Ribbleton.
The Register Office covering the Ribbleton area is Preston and South Ribble
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ribbleton to another place.
"RIBBLETON, a township in the parish of Preston, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 1 mile N.E. of Preston. It is a small and irregularly-built village, situated on the Longridge road, and is wholly agricultural."
In 1835 Ribbleton was a township in the parish of Preston.
You can see the administrative areas in which Ribbleton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Ribbleton and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD568316 (Lat/Lon: 53.778745, -2.65654), Ribbleton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)