ROEBURNDALE, a township in Melling parish, Lancashire; near the boundary with Yorkshire, 9 miles E N E of Lancaster. Acres, 8,845. Real property, £2,310; of which £60 are in quarries. Pop., 144. Houses. 23. Much of the land is moor and mountain.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Lancaster library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Roeburndale.
The Register Office covering the Roeburndale area is Lancaster.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Roeburndale to another place.
"ROEBURNDALE, a township in the parish of Melling, hundred of Lonsdale South of the Sands, county Lancaster, 9 miles N.E. of Lancaster. It is situated on the river Water, which flows to the Hindburn, near Hornby."
"ROBURNDALE, a township in the parish of Melling, hundred of Lonsdale South of the Sands, county Lancaster, 8 miles N.E. of Lancaster."
In 1835 Roeburndale was a township in the parish of Melling in Lonsdale.
You can see the administrative areas in which Roeburndale has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Roeburndale and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD617621 (Lat/Lon: 54.053367, -2.585865), Roeburndale which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)