SHIRESHEAD, or Shirehead, a chapelry in Garstang and Cockerham parishes, Lancashire; on the river Wyre, 1¾ mile N by E of Scorton r. station, and 4 N by E of Garstang. Post town, Garstang. Pop., 397. Houses, 95. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £110. Patron, the Vicar of Cockerham. The church is modern.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Shireshead.
The Register Office covering the Shireshead area is Lancaster.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Shireshead to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Shireshead has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Shireshead and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD503509 (Lat/Lon: 53.951796, -2.758802), Shireshead which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)