SILVERDALE, a village and a township-chapelry in Warton parish, Lancashire. The village stands on Morecambe bay, near the Lancaster and Ulverstone railway, 4½ miles NW of Carnforth; is a sea-bathing resort; and has a r. station with telegraph, a post-office under Lancaster, a hotel, and good lodging-houses. The chapelry comprises 1,145 acres. Real property, £1,262. Pop., 294. Houses, 58. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £200.* Patron, the Vicar of Warton. The church was built in 1679, and enlarged in 1829.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)