SIMONSWOOD, a township in Walton-on-the-Hill parish, Lancashire; 5 miles S by E of Ormskirk. Acres, 2,862. Real property, £2,792. Pop., 461. Houses, 70.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Simonswood.
The Register Office covering the Simonswood area is Knowsley.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Simonswood to another place.
"SIMONSWOOD, a township in the parish of Walton-on-the-Hill, hundred of West Derby, county Lancaster, 4½ miles S.E. of Ormskirk."
In 1835 Simonswood was a township in the parish of Ormskirk.
You can see the administrative areas in which Simonswood has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Simonswood and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD433008 (Lat/Lon: 53.501244, -2.856295), Simonswood which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)