Slyne with Hest
SLYNE-WITH-HEST, a township in Bolton-le-Sands parish, Lancashire; on the Lancaster and Carlisle railway, 2½ miles NNW of Lancaster. It has post-offices, of the names of Slyne and Hest-Bank, under Lancaster. Acres, 1,114. Real property, £2,737. Pop., 312 Houses, 58. The manor belongs to T. Greene, Esq.; and S. House is the residence of R. G. Bradley, Esq.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Slyne with Hest.
The Register Office covering the Slyne with Hest area is Lancaster.
Information about Slyne with Hest and the surrounding area.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Slyne with Hest to another place.
"HEST-WITH-SLYNE, a township in the parish of Bolton-le-Sands, hundred of Lonsdale, county Lancaster, 3 miles N. of Lancaster. The Lancaster and Carlisle railway has a station at Hest Bank, a little watering place commanding extensive views. The distance across the quick-sands to Kent's Bank is 11 miles, fordable at low water."
"SLYNE-WITH-HEST, a township in the parish of Bolton-le-Sands, hundred of Lonsdale South of the Sands, county Lancaster, 2 miles N. of Lancaster, its post town, on the Carlisle and Kendal canal. There is a landing quay at Hest."
In 1835 Slyne with Hest was a township in the parish of Bolton le Sands.
You can see the administrative areas in which Slyne with Hest has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Slyne with Hest and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD475657 (Lat/Lon: 54.084851, -2.804545), Slyne with Hest which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)