SUBBERTHWAITE, a township in Ulverstone parish, Lancashire; 6 miles NNW of Ulverstone. Acres, 1,246. Real property, £764. Pop., 152. Houses, 29.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Cumbria Record Office & Local Studies Library, Barrow.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Subberthwaite.
The Register Office covering the Subberthwaite area is Ulverston.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Subberthwaite to another place.
"SUBBERTHWAITE, a township in the parish of Ulverston, hundred of Lonsdale South of the Sands, county Lancaster, 8 miles N. of Ulverston. It includes a vast tract of waste land, interspersed with rocks and woodland. There is a slate quarry. The Duke of Buccleuch is lord of the manor."
In 1835 Subberthwaite was a township in the parish of Ulverston.
You can see the administrative areas in which Subberthwaite has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Subberthwaite and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD269868 (Lat/Lon: 54.271207, -3.123282), Subberthwaite which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)