TARBOCK, or Torbock, a township in Huyton parish, Lancashire; 3¼ miles S of Prescot. Acres, 2,447. Real property, £4,623. Pop., 626. Houses, 116. Extensive collieries were here, but are now nearly exhausted. There is a brewery.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Tarbock.
The Register Office covering the Tarbock area is Knowsley.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Tarbock to another place.
"TARBOCK, a township in the parish of Huyton, hundred of West Derby, county Lancaster, 8 miles S.E. of Liverpool, and 3 W. of Ditton railway station. The inhabitants are engaged in the collieries and in agriculture. There is a brewery."
In 1835 Tarbock was a township in the parish of Huyton.
You can see the administrative areas in which Tarbock has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
Some information about the history of Tarbock.
View maps of Tarbock Green and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ465877 (Lat/Lon: 53.38333, -2.806084), Tarbock which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)