St John, Tottington, Free Church of England
It was founded in 1867. It is undergoing renovation,and by the time this current program of repairs is completed, over £220,000 will have been spent on removing dry rot, fixing the roof and making the building water tight. The church is currently working with Bury Metropolitan Council, English Heritage, and a range of local organisations, to find ways to cater to the needs of the people of Tottington, and to create a centre where there is somthing for people of all ages.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)