Treales, Roseacre & Wharles
TREALS, a township-chapelry, with three hamlets, in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; near Kirkham r. station. Post town, Kirkham, under Preston. Acres, 4,015. Real property, £5,321. Pop., 632. Houses, 120. The manor belongs to the Earl of Derby. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £100. Patron, the Vicar of Kirkham. The church was built in 1856; the parsonage, in 1863. There are an endowed school, and charities £10.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Kirkham library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Treales, Roseacre and Wharles.
The Register Office covering the Treales, Wharles and Roseacre area is Blackpool & Fylde.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Treales, Roseacre & Wharles to another place.
"TREALES, a township in the parish of Kirkham, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 1 mile N.E. of Kirkham, its post town. The village, which is considerable, is situated on the Preston railway. The soil is heavy. The township includes the hamlets of Roseacre and Wharles. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Manchester, value £100, in the patronage of the Vicar of Kirkham. The church, dedicated to Christ, was built in 1855 at the expense of the Earl of Derby, who is lord of the manor and principal landowner. The parochial charities produce about £10 per annum."
"WHARLES, a township in the parish of Kirkham, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 3 miles N.E. of Kirkham. It includes the hamlets of Treales and Roseacre."
"ROSEACRE, a hamlet in the parish of Kirkham, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 3½ miles N.E. of Kirkham. It is in conjunction with Treales and Wharles to form a township."
In 1835 Treales, Wharles and Roseacre was a township in the parish of Kirkham.
You can see the administrative areas in which Treales, Roseacre & Wharles has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Treales and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD442349 (Lat/Lon: 53.807309, -2.849327), Treales, Roseacre & Wharles which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)