St Teresa Roman Catholic, Upholland
In 1940 the parish of St Teresa`s was founded and the foundation stone was laid in Roby Mill, where the cemetary is today. The school was designated as the parish church until the new church was built, but due to the war, this was not possible until 1955 when it was constructed on the present site in College Road.
The parish still incorporates the Carmelite Convent in Roby Mill.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)