WARDLEWORTH, a township in Rochdale parish, Lancashire; including large part of Rochdale borough. Real property, £61,924; of which £1,060 are in mines, and £559 in gasworks. Pop. in 1851, 14,103; in 1861, 17,840. Houses, 3,534. Pop. of the R. borough part in 1861, 16,531. Houses, 3,272. See Hundersfield.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Rochdale library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Wardleworth.
The Register Office covering the Wardleworth area is Rochdale.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Wardleworth to another place.
"WARDLEWORTH, a township in the parish of Rochdale, hundred of Salford, county Lancaster, 1 mile N. of Rochdale, of which it forms part, containing the town prison, a poorhouse, &c."
In 1835 Wardleworth was a township in the parish of Rochdale.
You can see the administrative areas in which Wardleworth has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Wardleworth and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD900147 (Lat/Lon: 53.628801, -2.1532), Wardleworth which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)