Millgate, Facit, Particular Baptist
Photograph supplied by & Copyright of Nigel Birch
It was founded before 1895. It is now closed, but we do not know the date of closure .
Millgate:Bacup Ebenezer start 1851. hire 1853, build 1858, organize 1876, join 1877, new building 1883. Pastors: W.H. Knight (1868-1870, T.[Thomas] Griffiths (1871-1885), James Fenwick (1888-1890), James Evans (1893-1899), H. G. Collinson (1902-1908), J. W. Titherington (1909- from Whitley, W. T. Baptists in Northwest England, 1649-1913. London: Kingsgate Press, 1913.
It was located at SD8887519786 (Lat/Lon 53.674423, -2.169879). You can see this on maps provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)