WILPSHIRE, a township in Blackburn parish, Lancashire; 3½ miles N by E of Blackburn. Acres, 940. Real property, £1,046. Pop., 228. Houses, 48. Ribchester r. station is here.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Clitheroe library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Wilpshire.
The Register Office covering the Wilpshire area is Blackburn.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Wilpshire to another place.
"WILPSHIRE, a township in the parish and hundred of Blackburn, county Lancaster, 3 miles N.E. of Blackburn."
In 1835 Wilpshire was a township in the parish of Blackburn.
You can see the administrative areas in which Wilpshire has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Wilpshire and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD691329 (Lat/Lon: 53.79192, -2.470779), Wilpshire which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)