WINMARLEIGH, a township in Garstang parish, Lancashire; 3 miles NW of Garstang. Acres, 2,282. Real property, £2,483. Pop., 246. Houses, 42.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Winmarleigh.
The Register Office covering the Winmarleigh area is Lancaster.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Winmarleigh to another place.
"WINMARLEIGH, a township in the parish of Garstang, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 2 miles N.W. of Garstang."
In 1835 Winmarleigh was a township in the parish of Garstang.
You can see the administrative areas in which Winmarleigh has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Winmarleigh and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD457481 (Lat/Lon: 53.926373, -2.82804), Winmarleigh which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)