WORTHINGTON, a township in Standish parish, Lancashire; 3½ miles N by W of Wigan. Acres, 657. Real property, £1,606. Pop., 133. Houses, 21.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Worthington.
The Register Office covering the Worthington area is Wigan and Leigh.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Worthington to another place.
"WORTHINGTON, a township in the parish of Standish, county Lancaster, 3 miles N. of Wigan, near the Leeds and Liverpool canal."
In 1835 Worthington was a township in the parish of Standish.
You can see the administrative areas in which Worthington has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Worthington and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD575113 (Lat/Lon: 53.596789, -2.64387), Worthington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)