Yate with Pickup Bank
YATE AND PICKUP-BANK, a township in Whalley parish, Lancashire; 4½ miles SSE of Blackburn. Acres, 1,360. Real property, £1,856. Pop., 1,111. Houses, 207. There are some small cotton-mills, a large reservoir, and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Darwen library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Yate with Pickup Bank.
The Register Office covering the Yate with Pickup Bank area is Blackburn.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Yate with Pickup Bank to another place.
"YATE, a township in the parish of Whalley, higher division of Blackburn hundred, county Lancaster, 4 miles S.E. of Blackburn, and 4 W. of Haslingden. The neighbourhood abounds in coal and stone, and there are a cotton-mill and a large reservoir. The inhabitants attend the church of St. James at Over Darwen. There are National and Sunday schools.
PICK-UP-BANK, a township in the parish of Whalley, county Lancaster, 4 miles W. of Haslingden. It is in conjunction with Yate."
In 1835 Yate with Pickup Bank was a township in the parish of Blackburn.
You can see the administrative areas in which Yate with Pickup Bank has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Pickup Bank and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD721235 (Lat/Lon: 53.706977, -2.424121), Yate with Pickup Bank which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)