Description in 1871:
"BEEBY, a parish in Barrow-upon-Soar district, Leicester; on an affluent of the river Wreak, 4 miles SE of Syston r. station, and 5½ NE of Leicester. Post Town, Hungarton, under Leicester. Acres, 1,020. Real property, £2,620. Pop., 119. Houses, 26. The property is divided among a few. Beeby House is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £282. Patron, Earl Shaftesbury. The church is good."
[1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales]