"LUBBESTHORPE, a chapelry in Aylestone parish, Leicestershire; on the river Soar, 4 miles SW of Leicester r. station. Post town, Leicester. Acres, 1,200. Real property, £1,869. Pop., 64. Houses, 12. The property belongs to the Duke of Rutland. A monastery was anciently here; and the site of it is now occupied by a farm-house. The church of the chapelry went long ago into decay."
[John Marius Wilson's "Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales," 1870-72]