Description in 1871:
"THRUSSINGTON, a parish, with a village, in Barrow-upon-Soar district, Leicester; on the river Wreak, ½ a mile N of Rearsby r. station, and 7½ WSW of Melton-Mowbray. It has a post-office under Leicester. Acres, 2,200. Real property, £4,113. Pop., 574. Houses, 136. The manor is divided among four. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £240. Patron, Mrs. Bishop. The church was repaired in 1836. There are three dissenting chapels, a slightly endowed school, and charities £11."
John Marius WILSON's "Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales," 1870-72,