Description in 1871:
"TUGBY, a parish in Billesdon district, Leicester; 2¾ miles ESE of Billesdon, and 6¾ NNW of Medbourne Bridge r. station. It includes Keythorpe liberty, and has a post-office under Leicester. Acres, 1,830. Real property, £2,515. Pop., 360. Houses, 84. The manor, with Keythorpe Hall, belongs to Lord Berners. The living is a vicarage, united with East Norton, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £284. Patron, Lord Berners. The church has a Norman tower, and is good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £86."
John Marius WILSON's "Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales", 1870-72