Description in 1871:
"WILLOUGHBY-WATERLESS, a parish, with a village, in Lutterworth district, Leicester; 1¾ mile ESE of Broughton-Astley r. station, and 6 NNE of Lutterworth. Post town, Lutterworth. Acres, 1,151. Real property, £2,408. Pop., 372. Houses, 78. The living is a rectory, united with Peatling-Magna, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £347. Patron, the Rev. W. Strong. The church is chiefly decorated English. There is a national school."
John Marius WILSON's "Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales," 1870-72