Aubourn Church History
- The Anglican parish church is dedicated to Saint Peter and was rebuilt in 1862 at a different site than the earlier church occupied (see below). The original church was built circa 1200.
- The second chapel was built on the grounds of Aubourn Hall in 1862. The cost of construction was paid by Henry NEVILE, Esq. This chapel still stands.
- The church with the short, blunt steeple is the one built close to the Manor Hall (see picture, below).
- The church was partially taken down, but the chancel was used as a mortuary for some 50 years.
- There is a photograph of St. Peter's Church and the mortuary chapel on the Wendy PARKINSON web site.
- Ian PATERSON has a photograph of St. Peter's Church on Geo-graph, taken in April, 2009.
- Here is a photograph of St. Peter's Church supplied by Jan GREGORY (who retains the copyright):
- Here is a photograph of St. Peter's Church supplied by Ron COLE (who retains the copyright).
- The Anglican church was closed in 1968 and demolished in 1973. The tower was retained as a monument.
- The spire was reshingled in 2005.