This village and parish lies about two and a half miles north of the centre of Grantham in the vale of the River WItham. Welby parish is just to the east, Londonthorpe parish to the south and Syston parish to the north. The parish covers only about 1,725 acres.
The village of Belton sits in the picturesque vale of the River Witham. A stream flows northward along the east edge of the village joining the Witham north of Barkston. If you are planning a visit:
- Take the A607 north from Grantham and turn east at Belton.
- Keith EVANS has a photograph of the Milestone on Geo-graph, taken in September, 2013.
- Tours of Belton House Manor and grounds are offered for £20, lunch included. Booking is essential. Tele: 01476 566116.
- One can stay at the beautiful Belton Woods Hotel & Country Club, Belton, Grantham, NG32 2LN, tele: 01476 593200.
- Visit our touring page for more sources.
You can see pictures of Belton which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which Belton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK928391 (Lat/Lon: 52.941279, -0.620527), Belton which are provided by: