This village and parish lies south of Barnetby le Wold and north-west of Caistor. Somerby parish lies to the south-east. The parish covers about 3,450 acres and includes the hamlet of Kettleby.
The hamlet of Kettleby lies about 1.5 miles west of the Bigby village. This hamlet is where Kettle, a captain of the Dane Knute, is said to have resided. A portion of Brigg township incorporates the western edge of the parish. If you are planning a visit:
- By automobile, the village is on the A1084 trunk road between Caistor and Brigg..
- Jonathan THACKER has a photograph of Bigby Village Hall on Geo-graph, taken in October, 2010. You should drop in and ask for a schedule of forth-coming events.
- Check the resources on our Transport page for bus and car hire services.
- See our touring page for visitor services.
You can see pictures of Bigby which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which Bigby has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TA059073 (Lat/Lon: 53.551658, -0.403012), Bigby which are provided by: