Coningsby lies between the Wolds on one side and the Fens on the other, along the banks of the River Bain. It is 8 miles south of Horncastle and twelve miles north-west of Boston. Tattershall parish is to the north-west. The parish covers over 3,600 acres and includes the hamlets of Haven Bank, Reedham and Dogdyke. Reedham is about 4 miles south of the village of Coningsby.
If you are planning a visit:
- Consider staying overnight at the Dower House Hotel in nearby Woodhall Spa, only two miles away.
- Try the Castle Inn at 50 High Street.
- There is an active golf club associated with RAF Coningsby.
- If coming by bus or train, check the Carlberry bus/car service for bus times or car hires.
- Check the East Lindsey Council site for tourism information.
- Visit our touring page for more sources.
- Patricia McCRORY provides this photograph of the village sign seen when entering the village:
- We do offer these signs, photographed by Partricia McCRORY (who retains the copyright). In the second one, you can see the church tower in the background:
You can see pictures of Coningsby which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which Coningsby has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF224581 (Lat/Lon: 53.106392, -0.173206), Coningsby which are provided by: