Fotherby is both a village and a parish in the north-east section of Lincolnshire, 151 miles north of London and 3 miles north of Louth. Utterby parish is to the north and North Elkington parish to the west. The parish covers over 1,300 acres.
The village is a quiet, agricultural place. If you are planning a visit:
- By automobile, the A16 between Louth and Grimsby splits the village in two about 3 miles north of Louth.
- There's a view of the old A16 as it passes through the village on Geo-graph taken by John BEAL.
- On a clear day, from one of the high points in the parish, one can see the North Sea, the River Humber and the coast of Yorkshire.
- See our touring page for visitor services.
You can see pictures of Fotherby which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which Fotherby has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF316917 (Lat/Lon: 53.405797, -0.021586), Fotherby which are provided by: