Glentworth is both a parish and a village about nine miles east of Gainsborough, eleven miles north of the city of Lincoln and just over 150 miles north of London. The parish itself is bordered on the north by Harpswell parish, on the east by the old Roman Road "Ermine Street", and to the south by Fillingham parish. The parish covers about 3,100 acres.
Glentworth village is in a small valley or dale. If you are planning a visit:
- Take the A631 trunk road east out of Gainsborough and turn south at the B1398 intersection. The village will be about a mile south.
- Jonathan THACKER has a photograph of Glentworth pond on Geo-graph, taken in 2011. One gathers that Jon was not impressed.
- Stop by the Village Hall and ask for a schedule of current events.
- Visit our touring page for more sources.
You can see pictures of Glentworth which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which Glentworth has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK946881 (Lat/Lon: 53.381537, -0.578585), Glentworth which are provided by: