<li>David HITCHBORN has a photograph of part of the <a href="http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3625572">Cemetery</a> on Geo-graph, taken in August, 2013 .<br />
This village and parish is nine miles north of Sleaford and eleven miles southeast of Lincoln. The parish of Temple Bruer lies to the west, Rowston lies to the south and Blankney to the north. A small stream, the Scopwick Beck, runs along the south edge of the parish on its way to join the River Witham. The parish covers some 3,400 acres of heath land.
The ecclesistical parish of Scopwick includes the civil parish of Kirkby Green.
If you are planning a visit:
- Take the A153 trunk road north out of Sleaford, turn north at Ruskington onto the B1198 and follow that into Scopwick. Alternatively, you can take the A15 north from Sleaford and turn right onto the B1191 and go past Ashby de la Launde into Scopwick. The B1191 and the B1198 cross at Scopwick.
- Visit our touring page for more sources.
- You'll know when you are getting close. Alex McGREGOR provides a photograph of the Sign! on Geo-graph, taken in 2011.
You can see pictures of Scopwick which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which Scopwick has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The national grid reference is TF 0758.
- You'll want an Ordnance Survey Explorer map, which has a scale of 2.5 inches to the mile.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF070581 (Lat/Lon: 53.109535, -0.403147), Scopwick which are provided by: