South Willingham is both a village and parish, 8 miles sourth-east of Market Rasen, 10 miles north of Horncastle and situate between Louth and Lincoln. Hainton parish is just to the north, with Benniworth parish to the south. The parish covers about 2,000 acres.
The village of South Willingham sits just south of the A157 trunk road, on the old road between Hainton and Benniworth. If you are planning a visit:
- By car, take the A157 trunk road between Louth and Wragby, turn south at Hainton.
- The railway station closed to passenger service in the 1950s.
- Check out the Village Website for useful information.
- Stop in at the Village Hall and check the schedule of upcoming events. The photo is by David WRIGHT, taken in 2006.
- See our touring page for visitor services.
You can see pictures of South Willingham which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which South Willingham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF194833 (Lat/Lon: 53.333026, -0.20771), South Willingham which are provided by: