Tattershall is both a village and parish about 120 miles north of London, 22 miles south-east of Lincoln and 9 miles south-west of Horncastle. Kirkby on Bain parish lies to the north. The River Witham flows along the south-west border of the parish. Coningsby parish lies across the River Bain to the south-east.
Tattershall village is south-west of Woodhall Spa, west off of the B1192 trunk road. The village is alongside the River Bain. Tattershall was an ancient market town. Tattershall Thorpe is a hamlet in this same parish, just to the north of Tattershall. If you are planning a visit:
- By automobile, take the A153 north out of Sleaford and stay on it 'til you pass through Billinghay. The next village is Tattershall.
- Check the Tattershall Inns page on Rootsweb for places to stay or just visit.
- Julie Nicholls, in 2001, advised: "Tattershall is very rural, it is a village about 15 miles S.E. of Lincoln city and about 8 miles S. of Horncastle. It has a very impressive castle and at nearby Coningsby there is a Battle of Britain Memorial centre."
- See our touring page for more sources.
- It's a SIGN! Patricia McCRORY provides these village signs to advise you of when you are entering Tattersahll Thorpe:
You can see pictures of Tattershall which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which Tattershall has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF212580 (Lat/Lon: 53.105053, -0.190716), Tattershall which are provided by: